Denis Petrov looks back at IDScan.net’s growth and innovation during the past year
Read Time: 2 Min
As I reflect on the past year, I find myself feeling both proud of IDScan.net’s continued growth and grateful to everyone who made it possible. As a final act of 2019, I am taking this opportunity to recap the year that was and look towards 2020.
Technical Enhancements and Launching a New Product
Under the leadership of our CTO, Andrey Stanovnov, our technical team innovated throughout the year. In 2019, IDScan.net improved our already strong offerings, developed new technologies, and developed a new product. Specifically, we:
- Added DMV Data Verification, the newest of our third-party checks. This offers our clients the ability to check an individual against DMV databases in real time when the ID is scanned.
- Launched IDWare Profit, an innovative new retail loss prevention solution. We are showcasing IDWare Profit to the National Retail Federation (NRF)’s annual trade show in January.
- Enhanced our Mobile ID Validation solution. Retail, banking, and other apps can onboard customers from their own mobile device by taking pictures of the front and back of an ID, along with a selfie.
- Added Facial Recognition to VeriScan Online. Our cloud-based visitor management solution, VeriScan Online, now includes facial recognition technology. Our clients can now enroll individuals in facial recognition with a photo or their live face. When they return, our technology will recognize individual, enhancing security and streamlining check-in.
Partnerships, New HQ, and an Acquisition
The good news at IDScan.net wasn’t all on the technical side. We grew, we forged new partnerships and were recognized for our work. During the past year, we:
- Expanded our New Orleans headquarters. We now occupy more than 4,000 square feet of office space within the University of New Orleans Research & Technology Park.
- Acquired IDScanningLaws.com, a legal resource site. This marks IDScan.net’s first acquisition, and it allows us to help our clients stay compliant with state and federal laws.
- Grew our team through several rounds of hiring. We made significant additions to our Product, Sales, and Support teams.
- Received the New Product of the Year Award for Visitor Management for VeriScan Online + Facial Recognition. We were recognized by Security Today Magazine at the Global Security Exchange (GSX) trade show.
- Strengthened partnerships, which included teaming up with Panasonic to offer the best mobile ID scanning solution and fighting fraud in the multifamily residential industry alongside CheckpointID.
Of course, nothing we achieved this year would have been possible without our customers, our partners, and our staff. You made 2019 IDScan.net’s best year ever There are far too many of you to thank, but I want you to know that I am grateful for your contribution. I look forward to doing even bigger things together in the new year.
I will close with this: we also unveiled our new vision this year, “Creating a safer and smarter world through technology.” I believe this speaks to the core of IDScan.net: in our past, present, and future. With our identity verification and information gathering technologies, we empower our clients to keep their customers safe and offer them an extraordinary experience. We are reminded too often of the need for increased physical security. And with so many options, consumers can be picky. I pledge that IDScan.net will continue to innovate and strive for the safer and smarter world we know is possible. In 2020 and beyond.