As a brewery or distillery operator, making a great concoction is not the only thing in your vat. Once you have your perfect brew or spirit, you have to ensure that you provide a great experience for your customers and ensure that your operations are compliant with state law. This can be tricky, but it doesn’t have to be. ID scanning can make your job easier. With the scan of an ID, you will collect all of the information on the front of the ID and verify age in less than 1 second. This information can be populated directly into your POS system or act as a visitor management database from which you can run reports, conduct a tasting survey, group customers and more. Below are 5 ways in which you can use ID scanning to enhance the operations at your brewery or distillery.
- Verify Age to ensure all patrons are 21 and above
- Collect Valuable Demographic Info to gain more insight into your customers and enhance your marketing efforts
- Streamline Visitor Management so you can focus on offering a great product rather than dealing with manual ID checks
- Ensure Compliance by easily tracking number of bottles purchased within a certain time frame
- Group Customers to give them a positive experience and to keep unwanted visitors out
IDScan.net will eliminate wasted time so you can focus on your passion. Learn more about IDScan.net’s solutions here or call one of our specialists at 888-430-8936!
Check out our latest mobile ID scanning solution here!
Progressive prisons across the globe are using ID scanning to streamline their visitor management. In the United States, there are over 2,220,300 incarcerated adults, so having the ability to easily track who is coming in and out of the facility to visit these prisoners is absolutely essential to securing the grounds, reducing risks and increasing operational efficiencies.
Here are four reasons a robust visitor management system centered on quality ID scanning is critical for prisons:
- For many prisons, the visit process occurs before the visitor even sets foot on prison grounds. With ID scanning applications like VeriScan Online, facility personnel can create and send a visit request to the security director with an electronic request form. This form includes such information as the start of the visit, host’s name, visitor’s name and other pertinent informaiton. Once the request is submitted, the security director will ultimately decide whether or not that individual is approved for the visitor queue. The scheduled visits can then be viewed by the appropriate security personnel. On the day of the visit, prison security personnel scan the visitor’s ID. In less than 1 second, the necessary information is collected and a visitor badge highlighting the person’s name and picture, alongside how long the visitor is allowed on the premises can be produced.
- Some facilities use biometrics as part of their visitor management processes. Once a person scans their ID and gives their fingerprint, the next time their fingerprint is scanned, their ID data and other relevant information, such as their image will pop up on the screen. This is a great feature for prisons that are trying to ensure a high level of security as well as expedite the check-in process even further.
- A higher level of identity validation can be necessary. If an andividual or their ID were to seem suspicious or security personnel wanted to gain more information on the visitor, they could run background checks on the individual by scanning their ID for further background information. The results from these checks appear in a matter of a few seconds. In addition, some facilities have existing lists of “banned” visitors. These lists can be imported into certain ID scanning software (such as IDScan.net’s VeriScan Online) so if their ID is scanned, it will pop up that they are banned. This added layer of security helps keeps prison staff and prisoners safe.
- Visitor management systems offer benefits beyond security. Many prison facilities like to have first-time visitors sign an electronic waiver or an agreement to adhere to the facility’s rules. Once the waiver is signed, it will automatically be saved, stored and linked to that individuals ID scan. If a visitor was to break prison rules or claimed that they were unaware of said rules, IDScan.net’s software allows prison personnel to easily access visitor records. In this case, it would show a signed copy of the rules that the visitor signed. This waiver component will help visitors comply with prison regulations.
IDScan.net can help you reduce prison visitor’s wait time and optimize the check-in process. Learn more about IDScan.net’s visitor management solutions, here or call our VeriScan Online account specialist, Alycia at 888-430-8936 x 103!
March 15, 2016-Revention, a leader in providing custom point of sale solutions to the hospitality industry, has partnered with IDScan.net to provide a robust and secure age verification solution.
This solution provides added security measures and empowers businesses to serve alcohol to legal aged patrons, eliminating much of the costly fines, lawsuits, and danger associated with serving to minors. Using the VeriScan Online scanning solution allows a business to verify age more quickly and accurately than ever, all with the swipe of a driver’s license through a Revention terminal. The program works with any state ID (driver’s license, military, ID, etc.) or magnetic stripe/2D barcode card.
The data is captured and stored in the database for future reference, allowing businesses to keep track of every guest. Their information is stored in a file to see how many times they have visited the business along with the dates and times of othose visits. Furthermore, the program allows you to flag banned or VIP guests, which will alert staff members.
“Revention will continue to partner with solutions such as IDScan.net to ensure that our customers receive the most up-to-date technology to keep their businesses secure,” stated Revention Director of Product Management, Laura Gaudin.
About Revention, Inc.
Revention is the leading developer of complete, customizable restaurant and entertainment management solutions designed to streamline the way hospitality concepts do business. Revention’s offerings include point of sale solutions, HungerRush integrated online ordering, and Revention Enterprise. Revention provides a complete solution that includes customized installation, training, technical support and much more.
For additional information, go to http://www.revention.com/.
VeriScan Online: Tags
This week, we are going to jump back a few weeks to highlight a user feature of VeriScan Online that will help you improve how you and your employees interact with customers.
As most of you know, VeriScan Online has a “Tags,” section. Tags can be used in multiple ways but we will discuss two of them as well as their latest capabilities.
Here is what you will learn:
- Use a tag to make a particular comment about a customer
- Have the tag serve as a destination reference
- Multiple tags per customer
Improving Customer Interaction:
- Let the tag make a statement about your customer: If a customer has a particular habit, let this be reflected in the tag. For example, if a customer is fond of a particular server, have the tag denote this. They will appreciate the fact you remembered their preferences.
- Let the tag act as a destination: Let your customer know that you are on your game. If you have a customer that is scheduled to visit a particular location at your establishment, tag them with that location name. Not only does this show personalization, it demonstrates streamlined operations.
- Multiple tags per customer: We recently added the component of having multiple tags per visitor. This will help you operate even more efficiently as you are no longer limited to using a tag as a comment or as a destination. This combination will help you and your business operate at its highest capacity.
A business that knows its customers:
Now that you know how to use tags, go out and impress your customers!
To set up a demo or ask any questions, please call 888-430-8936 x 103 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
With VeriScan Online vs5.6, users have new features which enhance the visitor management component of the software. The first of which is adding an attachment to a visitor’s file. This tool is advantageous regardless of your company’s field. Some of our clients in the medical industry, use this to upload relevant prescriptions under a patient’s file. To add an attachment, click on Groups, then click on the Customers tab. Lastly, click on the magnifying glass labeled “Details” and then upload the attachment.
The second enhanced feature of vs5.6 is the agreements section. Previously, there was a set format for agreement text. Now, you can customize the fields in the agreement you want your visitor to sign. Do this by clicking on settings and then on agreements. Customize your agreement utilizing the multiple variables now available to you.
The Watchdog from the Dallas Morning News recently pointed out the new imposition of biometrics when renewing a driver’s license.
Previously, biometrics including fingerprints and facial recognition would never be required unless you were convicted of a crime. Outside of some government occupations that require fingerprints, DMV databases would keep your fingerprints online.
With the constant encroachment on our privacy, is the imposition of new biometrics a good thing? There is a definite trade off between respecting people’s privacy and enhancing security. Which are more important to you?
The introduction of biometrics is becoming more and more common for access control, visitor management, and liability claims (read our article about fighting chargebacks).
If biometrics are essential to the security of your business, we recommend you checking out our VeriScan Desktop software. VeriScan Desktop provides the ability to collect an image of a person’s drivers license, fingerprints, an image of the visitor, and an electronic signature. It is the perfect solution for those looking for an extra layer of security.
What do you think about biometrics and fingerprinting? Leave your comments below and let us know what you think.