5 Uses of Mobile ID Scanning in Casinos
Two of the most trusted names in tech join forces to deliver the only rugged mobile solution capable of scanning passports.
Technology Automates Loyalty Enrollment, Visitor Management, and ID Verification
How ID Scanning is Improving the way Casinos Operate
IDScan.net has a new global solution which will change the way the gaming industry operates. The Ultimate Global Solution automates loyalty enrollment and jackpot win entry by populating the information from the ID directly into the CMS. While IDScan.net has deployed this technology in casinos for over a decade, this solution is the first to allow casino operators to populate information from ANY country ID.
This is invaluable for the industry for a number of reasons. Casino personnel no longer have to waste time manually entering ID information and management can be assured that the information is 100% accurate. This is particularly important when issuing jackpot wins. In addition, the solution utilizes IDScan.net’s proprietary parsing engine along with UV and Infrared Technology powered by 3M hardware to provide an unparalleled level of ID authentication.
For further authentication, casino operators can pair this with IDScan.net’s biometric technology and watch list checks. Gaming personnel can run the ID against internal, national as well as international databases some of which include Self-Exclusion, OFAC and more. IDScan.net has worked with its customers and industry partners to develop a solution that would help slot floor staff increase security while enhancing their operations.
The Ultimate Global Solution is IGT certified and will work with any Casino Management System. Casino operators can purchase it out-of-the-box or utilize it with IDScan.net’s ID scanning SDK for larger scale deployments.
IDScan.net is headquartered in New Orleans and for over 14 years has provided the gaming industry with quality ID scanning solutions that streamline visitor management, automate data capture and authenticate worldwide government-issued IDs. To learn more about the Ultimate Global Solution, contact Alycia at [email protected] or call her at 888-430-8936. You can also learn more by going to https://idscan.net/solutions/enterprise/global-solutions/.
Running a casino takes more than having enough poker chips and slot machines. As a casino operator, if you want your business to grow, you have a responsibility to keep patrons happy and to ensure compliance when it comes to preventing underage or banned patrons from entry. Your casino’s bottom line will suffer if you are fined or unable to provide a pleasant experience to your customers. In this article, casino operators will learn how ID scanning will keep their operations at the top of their game.
What You Need to Know:
- Loyalty Enrollment: ID scanning brings automation to loyalty enrollment. With proper hardware such as 3M’s AT9000 & autofill software such as IDScan.net’s WizzForms, you will have loyalty customers enrolled in less than 1 second! How it works: When your staff scans the patron’s ID, the ID scanning solution inputs its information directly into your loyalty enrollment database. What this does for your casino: The automated loyalty enrollment provides a better customer experience as they spend less time waiting and more time playing. In addition, you receive 100% accurate data and eliminate all typos and keystroke errors. Did we mention IDScan.net’s solutions are IGT certified and compatible with ALL casino platforms? If you have not yet automated your loyalty enrollment, then you are hurting your bottom line.
- Automated Data Collection: Whether your casino’s marketing department wants to collect information for a specific event or generally enhance their marketing efforts, it is vital that they have proper data. This data will inform your marketing efforts. With applications such as VeriScan Online, you will be able to run various demographic reports such as zip code reports to see which areas your patrons are coming from and which areas require more targeted marketing efforts.
- Security: As the need for heightened security increases, so should your casino’s security efforts. Scanning an ID with software such as VeriScan will reduce the use of fake IDs. VeriScan compares the barcode formatting of the ID with that of the government-issued formatting, and if there is a discrepancy, security personnel will receive an error notification. While no software can detect 100% of fake IDs, VeriScan will help reduce their use. For higher level identity vetting, IDScan.net has the ability to tie the ID into various government databases including OFAC or others that provide various forms of authentication such as address identity authentication. Having patron information on file is crucial if a guest were to commit a crime while at the casino or within a close time frame of visiting one. VeriScan allows you to filter visitor logs by date and time. It also gives casino operators the ability to search for a person by their name or ID number. These logs can easily be exported and shared with law enforcement. In addition to ID authentication, VeriScan has the ability to group patrons. If someone who has been banned tries to return to the casino, once their ID is scanned, casino security staff will receive a “Banned” notification.
- Reduced Fraud: With the use of image capture scanners and a computer camera, casino operators can reduce fraud. The VeriScan software will automatically capture an image of a casino patron and tie it to the scanned ID which is time stamped. The ID scanning hardware can also capture an image of the ID. This reduces fraud if a patron ever claims that they were not in the casino when they in fact were.
- Age Verification: ID scanning is necessary when it comes to age verification. People are prone to error and manually verifying age is time consuming. VeriScan displays the visitor’s age on the screen, and if the patron is of age, a green box will be displayed around the age. Conversely, if the patron is underage, red will surround the age number displayed. If the ID is expired, VeriScan will also issue a notification. This helps increase efficiency and reduces fines associated with underage patrons.
In Biloxi, Mississippi, police reported that a man tried to cash fake checks using a fake ID.
At the Boomtown Casino in Biloxi, Andrew Clay Sims was caught attempting to cash two fake checks within the same hour. By using a fake ID, he attempted to commit check fraud and cash each check.
Does this sound similar? It has been reported by several law enforcement agencies that the fake ID is often the weakest part of check cashing scams. Protect your business by integrating an ID scanner into security system. Visit our solutions page for more information.