The rise of facial recognition is making us safer
IDScan.net to Showcase Cutting-edge ID Scanning Security Solutions at ASIS International
Running a casino takes more than having enough poker chips and slot machines. As a casino operator, if you want your business to grow, you have a responsibility to keep patrons happy and to ensure compliance when it comes to preventing underage or banned patrons from entry. Your casino’s bottom line will suffer if you are fined or unable to provide a pleasant experience to your customers. In this article, casino operators will learn how ID scanning will keep their operations at the top of their game.
What You Need to Know:
- Loyalty Enrollment: ID scanning brings automation to loyalty enrollment. With proper hardware such as 3M’s AT9000 & autofill software such as IDScan.net’s WizzForms, you will have loyalty customers enrolled in less than 1 second! How it works: When your staff scans the patron’s ID, the ID scanning solution inputs its information directly into your loyalty enrollment database. What this does for your casino: The automated loyalty enrollment provides a better customer experience as they spend less time waiting and more time playing. In addition, you receive 100% accurate data and eliminate all typos and keystroke errors. Did we mention IDScan.net’s solutions are IGT certified and compatible with ALL casino platforms? If you have not yet automated your loyalty enrollment, then you are hurting your bottom line.
- Automated Data Collection: Whether your casino’s marketing department wants to collect information for a specific event or generally enhance their marketing efforts, it is vital that they have proper data. This data will inform your marketing efforts. With applications such as VeriScan Online, you will be able to run various demographic reports such as zip code reports to see which areas your patrons are coming from and which areas require more targeted marketing efforts.
- Security: As the need for heightened security increases, so should your casino’s security efforts. Scanning an ID with software such as VeriScan will reduce the use of fake IDs. VeriScan compares the barcode formatting of the ID with that of the government-issued formatting, and if there is a discrepancy, security personnel will receive an error notification. While no software can detect 100% of fake IDs, VeriScan will help reduce their use. For higher level identity vetting, IDScan.net has the ability to tie the ID into various government databases including OFAC or others that provide various forms of authentication such as address identity authentication. Having patron information on file is crucial if a guest were to commit a crime while at the casino or within a close time frame of visiting one. VeriScan allows you to filter visitor logs by date and time. It also gives casino operators the ability to search for a person by their name or ID number. These logs can easily be exported and shared with law enforcement. In addition to ID authentication, VeriScan has the ability to group patrons. If someone who has been banned tries to return to the casino, once their ID is scanned, casino security staff will receive a “Banned” notification.
- Reduced Fraud: With the use of image capture scanners and a computer camera, casino operators can reduce fraud. The VeriScan software will automatically capture an image of a casino patron and tie it to the scanned ID which is time stamped. The ID scanning hardware can also capture an image of the ID. This reduces fraud if a patron ever claims that they were not in the casino when they in fact were.
- Age Verification: ID scanning is necessary when it comes to age verification. People are prone to error and manually verifying age is time consuming. VeriScan displays the visitor’s age on the screen, and if the patron is of age, a green box will be displayed around the age. Conversely, if the patron is underage, red will surround the age number displayed. If the ID is expired, VeriScan will also issue a notification. This helps increase efficiency and reduces fines associated with underage patrons.