About the KR9000
The 3M KR9000 Full Page Passport Reader is used to inspect and image travel documents, including electronic travel documents and 1D and 2D barcodes used by the airline industry on boarding passes. It is also capable of scanning European National ID Cards. This scanner is ideal for integration with self-service kiosks, counters and eGates at airports, railway terminals, etc. The Gemalto KR9000 was designed without a hood for easy document and mobile phone placement in a self-service environment.
For a complete document scanning solution, IDScan.net recommends pairing the KR9000 with our VeriScan PLUS or WizzForms software. Our software enables visitor management, data capture and collection, and data auto-population into custom entry fields.
- Reads 1D/2D barcodes used by airline industry boarding passes
- Powered from USB or external power supply
- Multiple document reading and imaging in 24-bit color using true-color image matching
- Patent-pending anti-glare technology eliminates image artifacts due to laminate or OVDs
- 400 DPI high-resolution imaging and multiple wavelength illumination – Visible, IR, UV
- Complete access to OCR data and images capture via 3M Software Development Kit (SDK)
- Access to images as BMP, PNG or JPEG format
- Hoodless operation in most environments
- Auto-triggering of document capture – the presence of document is automatically detected
- Tempered glass to improve durability
- ICAO compliant documents in near-infrared (IR) per ICAO 9303 specification
- ISO 14443 Type A and B contactless ICs at 13.56 MHz (optional)
- 1D barcodes (2 of 5 interleaved, 2 of 5 Industrial, Code 128 and Code 39)
- 2D barcodes (PDF417, QR, DataMatrix and Aztec formats) from paper documents and some mobile devices.
- Length: 19.0 cm (7.5″)
- Width: 16.2 cm (6.4″)
- Height: 12.3 cm (4.8″)
- Weight: 1.1 kg (2.4 lbs)
- 1 Gemalto KR9000 Travel Document Reader
- 1-year manufacturer’s warranty
- Optional 3-year extended warranty