IDScan.net, a New Orleans-based tech company, is looking for a WordPress developer to join its growing team. The ideal candidate will work their magic to increase website conversions and make our brand shine. With countless applications of our technology, our website contains content for many audience segments in various stages of the buyer’s journey and we’re looking for someone to optimize it.
This position will be responsible for getting to know our audience, guiding them through the customer journey on our website, and leading them to take our desired actions.
- Improve the shopping experience by making updates to product page templates
- Evaluate website updates based on their effect on conversion rates
- Run A/B testing to guide decisions
- Create new landing pages as needed
- Reporting on website metrics and conversion rates
We are looking at our website through the lens of continuous improvement. You’ll be starting off with a list of tweaks we would like to make, but we will also rely on your ideas and expertise.
We are looking for someone who is well-versed in the principles of web design, stays up-to-date with industry standards, understands the principles of website UI/UX. Specifically, we are looking for someone with:
- 2+ years in a WordPress developer role. Recent college graduates with a portfolio of past work will be considered
- Prior UI/UX experience, with an eye for good web design
- Experience with WordPress plugin development, architecture, and standards.
- Experience working with third-party APIs—(HubSpot, payments, shipping, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of Google Analytics, with the ability to make website recommendations based on data.
- Experience with an optimization & heat mapping program (Lucky Orange, Hot Jar, or Crazy Egg)
- Exceptional troubleshooting & Googling skills. You’re not expected to know all the answers, as long as you know the right questions to ask.
- 1+ years of WooCommerce experience.
This position will be located in IDScan.net’s New Orleans Headquarters. Normal work hours are 8:30-5:30, Monday-Friday. This position will report to the Directors of Marketing and will work closely with our sales, support, and executive teams.
IDScan.net offers a competitive compensation package, including:
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
Join Our Team
We value team players who are innovative thinkers with a passion for technology, and a strong
desire to be effective team members. Ideal candidates are comfortable playing multiple roles and want to be an integral part of our growing team.