IDScan.net, a New Orleans based technology company, is a leading developer of identity verification and information-gathering technologies that have created enhanced environments and experiences for over 6,000 clients including IBM, Tesla, Shell, AMC Theaters, FedEx, Dave & Busters, and many more of the world’s most trusted brands.
The Technical Support Specialist will oversee and maintain the computer hardware and software systems. Your skills are an asset to the company, as they aid in resolving technical issues concerning customer’s accounts or company software infrastructure.
The role of the Technical Support Specialist is instrumental in helping the company achieve these objectives:
- Provide a better customer/user experience to our customers, by managing IDScan.net’s Support Helpdesk. Answer support tickets and identify opportunities to improve our services and products so we can provide more value to our customers.
- Run IDScan.net’s many daily support operations, processes and procedures, and observe and measure these processes to identify opportunities to improve their efficiency, to continually increase the happiness of our customers, and to make it easier for the company to scale its growth.
- Create a better user experience for our customers; make it awesome to use IDScan.net’s solutions. Assist our customers in implementing IDScan.net’s applications and making it an essential factor in the success of their organization. Develop new systems, processes, and digital assets that help our customers realize more value.
- Answer incoming support phone calls and placing outbound phone calls when necessary.
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of our products and services to assist the sales and marketing team as well as customers.
- Assist software developers with improving applications and cloud-based systems.
- Maintain system functionality by testing computer components.
- Troubleshoot and repair/replace PC and electronics internal components.
- Prepare reference material for users by drafting operation instructions.
- Two or more years of relevant work experience (technical support)
- An associate or bachelor’s degree
- Proficient writing and communication skills
- Maintains a positive and optimistic attitude
- Action and task-oriented
- Highly detailed and organized
This position is NOT a remote position. It will be located in IDScan.net’s International Headquarters in New Orleans, LA. Normal work hours are 9:00 – 6:00, Monday-Friday. Regularly, this position requires scheduled on-call duty for customer assistance outside of normal working hours. This position will report to the Director of Technical Support and will work closely with our sales and support teams, as well as external partners.
IDScan.net offers a competitive compensation package including:
- Annual Salary based on experience
- Health Insurance- 100% paid by IDScan.net
- Vision and Dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time Off
- Employer-sponsored Pension plan (SEP)
- Professional development
- Free parking / UNO gym
Join Our Team
Do something your future self will thank you for! We value team players who are innovative thinkers with a passion for technology, and a strong desire to be an effective team member of our growing team. We are comfortable playing multiple roles and want someone to be an integral part of a rapidly growing company.