IDScan.net, a New Orleans based technology company, is a leading developer of identity verification and information-gathering technologies that have created enhanced environments and experiences for over 6,000 clients including IBM, Shell, AMC Theaters, Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa, Dave & Busters, and many more of the world’s most trusted brands.
We are seeking trustworthy candidates who work efficiently without sacrificing accuracy. The Accountant will work with large amounts of numerical data, handle multiple tasks while meeting deadlines, and provide transparent and complete reports to management. You should have a firm grasp of accounting and financial practices and regulations and posses strong computer and verbal and written communication skills.
- Maintains the general ledger
- Codes invoices, sets up new accounts, reconciles accounts, and closes the monthly books.
- Generate estimates and invoices for Sales Representatives.
- Consolidate and coordinate annual subscription renewals.
- Posts customer payments in QuickBooks Online.
- Identify outstanding accounts receivables and take action in order to encourage timely payments by contacting customers to discuss overdue invoices.
- Reconciles bank accounts at least monthly, verifies deposits, and addresses inquiries from banks.
- Helping with required tax filling forms with federal, state, and local government agencies.
- Participate in financial standards discussions and budgeting processes.
- Spot errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending.
- Support month-end and year-end close process.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of an Associates degree in Accounting, Finance, or related discipline required.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance, or related discipline is preferred
- One to Three years of accounting experience required.
- Extensive knowledge of general financial accounting and cost accounting.
- Understanding of and ability to adhere to generally accepted accounting principles.
- Highly proficient with accounting software. Quickbooks online is a strong plus.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
IDScan.net’s International Headquarters is located in New Orleans, LA. Normal work hours are 8:30 – 5:30, Monday-Friday with occasional overtime. This position will report to the CFO. This is a full-time position with no telecommuting and must be physically present in the office. Compensation IDScan.net offers a competitive compensation package including:
- Annual Salary $45,000- $50,000 – based on experience
- Salary review in 3 and 12 months – based on performance
- Health Insurance- 100% paid by IDScan.net
- Vision and Dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time Off
- Employer-sponsored Pension plan (SEP)
- Professional development
- Free parking / UNO gym
Join Our Team
Do something your future self will thank you for! We value team players who are innovative thinkers with a passion for technology, and a strong desire to be an effective team member of our growing team. We are comfortable playing multiple roles and want someone to be an integral part of a rapidly growing company.