Archive for month: March, 2017
As a brewery or distillery operator, making a great concoction is not the only thing in your vat. Once you have your perfect brew or spirit, you have to ensure that you provide a great experience for your customers and ensure that your operations are compliant with state law. This can be tricky, but it doesn’t have to be. ID scanning can make your job easier. With the scan of an ID, you will collect all of the information on the front of the ID and verify age in less than 1 second. This information can be populated directly into your POS system or act as a visitor management database from which you can run reports, conduct a tasting survey, group customers and more. Below are 5 ways in which you can use ID scanning to enhance the operations at your brewery or distillery.
- Verify Age to ensure all patrons are 21 and above
- Collect Valuable Demographic Info to gain more insight into your customers and enhance your marketing efforts
- Streamline Visitor Management so you can focus on offering a great product rather than dealing with manual ID checks
- Ensure Compliance by easily tracking number of bottles purchased within a certain time frame
- Group Customers to give them a positive experience and to keep unwanted visitors out
IDScan.net will eliminate wasted time so you can focus on your passion. Learn more about IDScan.net’s solutions here or call one of our specialists at 888-430-8936!
Check out our latest mobile ID scanning solution here!
March was fraud awareness month, but fraud occurs every month of the year. For this reason, I wanted to arm businesses with important statistics about fraud and what actions they can take to stop it. Several industries can see a considerable decrease in fraud by utilizing a “multi-layered” approach. This includes solutions which tier identity verification and identity authentication. Below are some of the ways ID scanning does this:
- ID Verification: Incorporate ID scanning solutions that ensure that the ID is a valid, government issued ID with correct formatting of barcode features, ID number, etc.
- ID Validation: Utilize higher level vetting to validate the identity of the individual. This includes running the ID against government databases such as OFAC and many others.
- ID Authentication: Authenticate the ID with a check ID for proper security features, holograms, etc. to ensure that the ID is not a fake
Did you know?
88.3% of identity fraud is committed using a fake ID. This number is alarmingly high especially when you consider that over the past six years, fraudsters have stolen $112 billion. This comes down to $35,600 stolen per minute. (AmericanBanker.com)
$2.40 is the amount every dollar of fraud cost merchants in 2016, this is up from $2.23 in 2015. (LexisNexis)
Fraud’s percentage of revenues rose from 1.32 percent to 1.47% in 2016. This revenue is extremely high for retailers and continues to be a growing issue for the retail industry. (LexisNexis)
These statistics are unnerving to say the least. But, as you read, IDScan.net can help. We provide complete solutions with both hardware and software that help users ensure that an ID is properly verified, validated and authenticated.